We consider the information you provide on this site to be confidential and will not be sold, rented, or otherwise provided to 3rd parties. If you participate in a research study, your responses are further protected by the confidentiality procedures outlined in the Informed Consent Form (which you will complete when you enroll in the research study).
What information do we collect?
When you browse through any Web site, certain information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following type of information about your visit:
- Domain from which you access the Internet
- IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when surfing the Web)
- Operating system and information about the browser used when visiting the site
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visited
- Address of the website that connected you to our site (such as google.com or bing.com)
- If relevant, in conjunction with Google Analytics, the advertisement that connected you to our site.
The information that you submit during your participation in the program itself (i.e, after you have logged into the site) is considered strictly confidential and will not be reported anywhere in a way that would enable someone to link you with your responses. If you complete the program as part of a research study, you will receive additional information on confidentiality specific to that research study as part of the Informed Consent Form.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased service requested.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
University of Miami
5665 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
“OurRelationship @ miami.edu“
(make sure to remove the white spaces and quotes)